Quick look at the Card Ninja
Here’s a quick video of the Card Ninja. A cool way to combine your wallet and your phone.
. . . happiness is in the journey . . .
Your 15 Megabytes of Fame
- @dioramic_life yes, lots of hard ups and screaming downhills.The Velo Hobo 1 week ago
- @dirteng yup, it's a beautiful day.The Velo Hobo 1 week ago
- Yes, it's a beautiful thing. I have the whole Blue Ridge Parkway to myself. Life is good. http://t.co/NyhEcc02OBThe Velo Hobo 1 week ago
- Day Trip'n on the Blue Ridge Parkway! Brrrr, it's cold up here. http://t.co/C8EXWHNYcuThe Velo Hobo 1 week ago
- RT @acaroutes: The #warmshower at @velohobo has been busy this autumn! bit.ly/17U1h2wThe Velo Hobo 1 week ago
Tsali ~ Mountain Bike Mecca
Tsali Recreation Area is only about 12 miles from our back door. It’s named after a Cherokee leader who refused relocation via the Trail of Tears. He and his band of followers hid in the mountains of Western North Carolina until their capture by the government. Sometime later he was executed by firing squad.
The government was so moved by his bravery they decided to build a monument to his name. First they built a hydro-electric dam and flooded his ancestral home creating Fontana Lake. Then the government took axe in hand and cleared away some useless and unsightly old growth forest. In its place they created a campground with miles of single track mountain bike trails, an information kiosk, boat ramps, paved parking lot and a multi-hundred dollar cinderblock two-seat outhouse complete with hand sanitizer dispensers and those really big rolls of toilet paper. Nice.
The Velo Hobo
Blue Ridge Parkway,75th anniversary, and it doesn’t look a day over 60.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
About 100 native tree species can be found in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. That’s more than in all of northern Europe. Over 800 miles of hiking trails weave their way through one of the largest blocks of old-growth temperate deciduous forest in North America.
The name ‘Smoky Mountains’ comes from rain and evaporation from trees creating smoke-like fog that clings to the mountain tops. On the high peaks of the Smokies, an average of 85 inches of rain falls each year, making these upper elevation areas temperate rain forests.
And the best place to stay to enjoy the park is Bryson City, North Carolina.
The Velo Hobo
- 186,911 hits